Sunday, October 4, 2009

When it rains, it pours

We just found out last week that one of my girls has significant hearing loss in both ears -- bad enough to require hearing aids. I know there is so much worse my kid could be going through, but why this, and why now? We all deserve a break, not more sorrow. Sorry to whine, but enough already. As bad as it all is with my mom, this has now taken first place on the worry list, as the kid is fairly traumatized about getting the aids (even in pink). My other daughter has also been acting out a bit in school; nothing really bad, but her attention wanders just a bit too much. I don't think it has anything to do with Mom's illness, even though they were as close as it's possible to be when my daughter was younger. I mean, she knows about Nana's illness, but I don't think it's weighing on her. I guess I'd better have a talk with her, though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment